Food System Assessments
The Food and Health Network values data-driven approaches to strengthening our regional food system. Our assessments collect the information and stories that define our regional food system and illuminate steps needed to fulfill our vision of a healthy regional food system.
Our goals are to:
- Establish baseline data for indicators that can be easily replicated and measure progress over time
- Provide a tool for: a) evidence-based programing, planning, and evaluation, and b) education
- Add value to partner initiatives
- Strengthen the vital connections between agricultural and rural interests with urban interests and other sectors of the food system
- Provide a model that may serve other communities