The Food and Health Network is a coalition of organizations and individuals that aims to create food-secure communities and improve the quality of life in South Central New York by supporting practices, projects, and policies leading to increased use of nutritious, locally produced foods. FAHN is an interdisciplinary, systematic, and regional approach to impact South Central NY’s food security.
- Create and support food secure communities and profitable, local farms.
- Ensure access to quality local foods by all residents, under-served groups and food service providers.
- Support local farmers and the development of a strong local food system, including, food processors, distributors and markets.
- Strengthen the connection between food and health by promoting the use of local foods as the cornerstone of community health.
- Educate residents on the many benefits of buying locally produced food and provide information on how and where to purchase local food products.