South Central NY Fruit & Vegetable Prescription Program
One of the goals of our program is to strengthen our existing local food system. This means that we partner with local farmers, markets, and groceries to vend the Fruit and Vegetable Rx program – keeping all of the funds generated through the program within the communities that it serves.
Interested in becoming an FVRx vendor?
Our program is flexible in nature and we work with our vendors every step of the way to develop an FVRx system that works for them and their market or store.
Once the onboarding process is complete, FVRx vendors are expected to:
- Familiarize their staff with the FVRx program, or request that an FVRx staff member conduct a brief training
- Display that FVRx vouchers are accepted at their location
- Keep a record of FVRx purchases that is shared with FVRx program staff monthly
- Send a monthly invoice to FVRx program staff – this invoice is used to calculate reimbursement
- Keep all vouchers that are collected and send them to FVRx program staff 2-3 times throughout the program season
- Keep the shelves stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables!
Take a look at our Grocery Store and Farmers’ Market Cheat Sheets for more information on vending the program.
Click here to view the Grocery Store Cheat Sheet
Click here to view the Farmers’ Market Cheat Sheet
If you’re interested in becoming an FVRx vendor or are looking to learn more about the program please reach out to Erin Summerlee at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a message below – we would love to hear from you!
Current Vendor Resources
Please feel free to reach out for any program material needs at any time – PDFs of the Cashier Cheat Sheet and Voucher Log are linked below.