Produce Prescription Program of South Central NY
Current & Prospective Vendors
One of the goals of the PRxSCNY program is to strengthen our existing local food system. This means that partnering with local farmers, markets, and groceries to vend fruits and veggies to participants of PRx – keeping all of the funds generated through the program within the communities that it serves.
Interested in becoming a PRx vendor?
Our program is flexible in nature and we work with our vendors every step of the way to develop an PRx system that works for them and their market or store.
Once the onboarding process is complete, PRx vendors are expected to:
- Familiarize their staff with the PRx program, or request that a PRx staff member conduct a brief training
- Display that PRx vouchers are accepted at their location
- Keep a record of PRx purchases that is shared with PRx program staff monthly
- Send a monthly invoice to PRx program staff – this invoice is used to calculate reimbursement
- Keep all vouchers that are collected and send them to PRx program staff 2-3 times throughout the program season
- Keep the shelves stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables!
Take a look at our Grocery Store and Farmers’ Market Cheat Sheets for more information on vending the program.
Please click on the images to see front and back.
If you’re interested in becoming a PRx vendor or are looking to learn more about the program please reach out to Kate Miller-Corcoran at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us a message below – we would love to hear from you!