South Central NY Fruit & Vegetable Prescription Program
Health Care Providers
The Health Care Providers who prescribe the Fruit and Vegetable Rx program serve as the main link between program participants and the program itself. Their dedication to their patients’ health and well being is the backbone of the success of our program.
Are you interested in prescribing FVRx?
The roles of FVRx Health Care Providers:
- Screen patients for food insecurity
- Refer those who meet the program criteria to the program
- Enroll those who are interested in the program
The Expectations of FVRx Health Care Providers:
- Meet with participants three times throughout the program season to discuss their nutrition goals, educational resources, and to refill their vouchers
- Administer program surveys to participants and send the results to FVRx program staff
- Work with the Food and Health Network to evaluate program outcomes
If you are interested in prescribing FVRx, or would like to learn more about the program, please reach out to Erin Summerlee at email@example.com or drop us a message below – we would love to hear from you!
Current Health Care Provider Resources
Thank you so much for all you do in facilitating program success for our participants! Below you will find PDFs of many of the program materials linked. To access any other program materials please visit the Shared Drive.
Click here to access the Shared Drive.